View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 12:54 PM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered User View Post
I'd vote Hall if I knew what I was talking about. No troll (newish fan here) but can someone explain to me what makes Hall such a blue chip prospect? I'm trying to appreciate him but from the few games I've watched, he's got great speed and an above average wristshot...and not much else that stands out.

Let me know where I'm off-base: he's a below average playmaker, has average vision, stick handling, and passing ability, and he's not particularly good at dekes/skating laterally, etc. I watched a few highlights online and many of his goals seem to be either cleaning up rebounds around the net or a straight wristshot on a breakaway with no fake. He doesn't seem to create space and offense for others with any other talent besides speed.

I haven't seen enough to get a sense of his defensive play and "intangibles" and I certainly didn't watch him in junior when he was dominant.

He's basically a faster version of Marleau with slightly higher upside. Would Hall be considered a successful draft pick if he had, by the end of his career, Marleau's numbers and ability (leaving aside guts, clutch play, leadership)? Would he have reached his potential?

My SO is an Edmontonian so I want to like Hall, but Eberle seems like he plays at an entirely different level...though I realize the age difference and injuries.
You mean the same Marleau that's top 20 in post-lockout scoring? I think that's a pretty nice acquisition then, if Hall can be even better than that.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote