View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 01:13 PM
boyle2boyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
December 10th, another home date for the Rangers, is off the schedule now. They moved the show they had on the 11th to the 10th that way they could prepare for the Sandy concert on the 12th (which also eliminated another home date). If they do start in early December (which I doubt anyway), the Rangers are down two possible dates for home games.
Looks like they are preparing for a cancellation through Dec. 15th..

The players have reached a place where no concession on the part of the owners will be enough to make up for the salaries that they are missing right now. So congratulations NHL and NHLPA, no matter what the outcome ends up being, you've both lost. This might sound like an oversimplified viewpoint, but both the players' and owners' repuations and incomes have been damaged by this in a way that won't be reversed overnight. Many workers have lost their jobs or are struggling to support their families due to both parties unwillingness to compromise. I'm not sure that my ethics will allow me to support the NHL ever again, and this is coming from someone who considers the Rangers one of the most important parts of my life. Regardless of the outcome, this is truly heartbreaking.

Serious question: When's the last time that either negotiating party even mentioned the fans? If the players were fighting for the health of the league, you'd see them reaching out to fans and thanking them for their support as they fight the good fight. But that's not what's happening, because the players know they don't have our best interests at heart. The fans are ignored throughout the entire process and then just expected to come back like sheep? No thanks.