View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I wouldn't mind dealing Gaunce, but Kassian and Jensen I'd be reluctant to give up. Rundblad/Stone might make sense as we could use some prospect depth at RD, but I don't know if trading for Doan would include a prospect swap as well. Right now our roster is pretty much set at D though, so unless Ballard is included I don't see us having room for NHL-ready D prospects.

The key thing for us is fitting under the cap, so if forwards are more needed, then maybe Raymond, Malhotra, Gaunce, and cond. 1st in 2014 if we make the finals in the next two years? I'd be okay with somehing like that too.
Murphy is a RHD. He's further from NHL ready than the other guys mentioned. I could see Quebec taking some salary back as they are buying a roster with the fewest committed dollars in the NHL, but they are likely to make buckets and buckets of money. That said, roster spots are bound to become at least slightly limited, given that they'll probably look to make a splash or two. I suppose there are just too many factors, here. When does Phoenix get sold for relo? Is there a season? Etc.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote