View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Morgoth Bauglir
Master Of The Fates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I'm not going to go into detail, because you guys probably did that already, I just personally thought that Brodeur's consistency and goaltending records were going to make him a lot higher. Roy had some pretty darn good seasons in Colorado, but he also had some bad and mediocre seasons in Montreal. People always say that teams Roy backstopped for the Canadiens weren't very good, but at the same time, the teams Brodeur backstopped post-lockout up until last year weren't that good either. Granted, they didn't go that far but some of the regular season numbers of those teams were pretty crazy, 52 wins? He made some ****** teams look really good. I just personally think Brodeur is right there with Roy and Hasek, it's hard where to rank each one, they were both individually unique. You can argue Roy, Brodeur, and Hasek for each spot if you wanted to.

I get the innovation factor for the other guys, and it's really tough to compare, I see that. Comparing 1950s to the 90s and the 2000s is tough. I just personally think Brodeur deserves a higher ranking than that, he's right there with Roy and Hasek.
Those "bad" and "mediocre" seasons for Roy were in a much higher scoring environment than Brodeur played in. When you look at those season in context of their era they come out much better than you're indicating. You have to evaluate these things in context of era or the comparisons are meaningless.

Morgoth Bauglir is offline   Reply With Quote