View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Morgoth Bauglir
Master Of The Fates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
It doesn't need to be #1 but, it does need to have a significant interest. In Boston, Chicago, NY and Detroit there is significant interest in the game and has been for a long time. As you can see from Atlanta, Miami, Nashville, Phoenix, Carolina and Columbus - creating a significant interest in the NHL is a tall order. It doesn't happen overnight and may not happen at all if there isn't significant interest before the team ever gets there.

I would like to see Seattle succeed but, based on my observations, in 15 years we will be likely talking about where the Seattle team is planning to move.
Atlanta, Miami, Nashville, Phoenix, and Carolina all have something in common: No tradition of hockey in the region and interest having to be generated from the ground up. Ohio I can't speak to so perhaps another poster can fill us in on hockey there? The Pacific Northwest is different from those regions: Here there's a hockey tradition going back more than a hundred years with involvement in hockey on a number of levels over those years. An entirely different situation from the American South.

In any case I don't want to get into a verbal brawl with you over it as you're one of the posters I see eye to eye with on a bunch of subjects