Old
11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
*drool*

they sure know how to sell him. If this is the type of player he continues to be (with maybe a litle bit of an increase in hockey IQ) we will have a real treat on our hands....welll .... a treat for us...not so much for the competition.
The more and more I watch him, the more I realize he's the perfect RD to be behind Bogosian (if he keeps his progression and development at this pace). Meanstreak is nice but I think I like Trouba for reasons in this order:
* strong skater, strong on the puck and solid passing ability - helps him push the play forward and into the OZ
* good positioning, gap control and skating in all 4 directions - excellent DZ coverage and control
* decent IQ and shot - although I'm still skeptical that he'll become an offensive machine in the NHL he should be solid enough option for 2nd PP (which is fine for a team that has Enstrom, Byfuglien, Postma, Clitsome and Bogosian)
* mean, fearful and tough - keeps the opposing team's head up and think twice about going infront of the net

Basically this guy's upside is being a solid #2 skill-wise and he'll most likely be a #3 for most on our depth charts... I love having too much depth