View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Rinzler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I'm not shocked at all. They have essentially been talking to themselves since last season. Say what you want about the NHLPA's stance and whether you agree with it or not, but they have been proposing the same thing every single time with the only changes being what the page order has been and what type of font they have used.

Add in the reports of the union head coming to meetings late, taking years to fetch a water, and forgetting documents just to troll you and you don't have a situation I would want to be part of. Frustrated fans? Frustrated negotiations as well.

Some player pressure should change this shortly though.
This is what concerns me. The players are kept in line by Fehr. He's extremely good and keeping them informed and thus under control.

Player pressure is irrelevant when the leadership keeps absorbing the pressure like Fehr has been. I do admit, this guy is ruthless and extremely good at what he does. I work in conflict resolution myself and this is the first step in getting control over a situation. He's an expert at it and is achieved through thorough communication.

Nothing will change until Fehr cracks and that's just not going to happen. The owners need these changes, so their back end support is implicit.

My optimism is fading fast...