View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 02:46 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
I think this is what the owners should have done 6 weeks ago. The players aren't giving up squat really, they are still making millions and the (most) owners to this point are still losing money every year.

This is exactly what Fehr and the PA needed to have done, they need a dose of reality and need to realize this system is not working, for the owners. If they want to play so badly, they can go to russia and play for a fraction of what the NHL pays them.

If losing another season is what it takes then I'm all for it, NHL players think they deserve top tier salary when they are bottom tier sport in north america. The math just doesn't add up.
Yet I'm sure you, much like myself, would LOVE to see NHL players get top tier salary, more than the NFL and MLB COMBINED because that should mean the NHL is doing great financially. Thing is the players need to understand that they would get top dollar in due time (as long as the league continues to grow)! I think, after losing the last CBA war (yet still making out like bandits in the long run) the players have been convinced by Fehr that the Owners will continue to dig into their pockets every time they negotiate which is why we see the players taking such a hardline stance, so they can't be bullied.