View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:53 PM
wondeROY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Yet I'm sure you, much like myself, would LOVE to see NHL players get top tier salary, more than the NFL and MLB COMBINED because that should mean the NHL is doing great financially. Thing is the players need to understand that they would get top dollar in due time (as long as the league continues to grow)! I think, after losing the last CBA war (yet still making out like bandits in the long run) the players have been convinced by Fehr that the Owners will continue to dig into their pockets every time they negotiate which is why we see the players taking such a hardline stance, so they can't be bullied.
I'm definitely with you on that, I would love to see the NHL outpace the NFL and MLB, but the reality is that will never happen in the USA. And I'm sure players are aware of that; my biggest concern is that they simply don't care that the system isn't working for the owners. That to me is causing the biggest problem here, and it seems like a hurdle that is growing with every week that passes. Fehr is definitely not helping, but I think the players should/maybe are, smart enough to know better.