View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
But they're not a replacement right(even though you constantly call them such) and one has to realise that the value being presented from AS's is soley and completely based only on league GpG.
That a whole host of other factors have yet to be factored in.
To me, retaining all the previous info (rankings, proportions) and gaining new info (value in context of league scoring) essentially means replacement, but I'm not preventing anyone from using raw data.

I agree that there's a whole host of other factors yet to be factored in. How important those factors are and how they can be analyzed and quantified properly are what we should be discussing. Some of those will either be quite difficult to quantify (but may be captured in the "error" portion of certain models and/or by other variables) or will basically be inconsequential (most ignore aerodynamics when describing a large boulder's path down a hill). I think most of the important variables can be defined and quantified to a large degree, and hopefully that will improve the accuracy of adjusted stats for the "predictive" purposes to which you've alluded.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote