View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 04:09 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Pulled off another win tonight against PEI. Don't want to jinx them, but they're playing well lately and picking up a few wins/points. How did Culek look in his first game ? Noticed he had a fight against Oligny , how did he fare in that? Any videos of the fights?
It was kind an odd game. The shots on goal make it look dominating for the first 40 minutes, but it didn't seem that way. The Rocket came out flat, simple enough, but they weren't getting swarmed. By the 3rd period Cape Breton's defensive depth, or lack thereof, was catching up with them. Our 5/6/7 guys are Walsh, who seems to have passed Nicholson (who sat), and Billy Hartley. These three guys were basically the 9/10/11 options to start the year. I'd say nobody else in the league has that kind of drop-of from their top 4 to their bottom 3. That was the beauty of Desmarais: He never developed into what he looked like he'd be in Halifax, but he was only our number 5. So....what I'm saying is we need a depth guy we can depend on, the sooner the better.

Culek looks good....had his chances. He skates well for his size. The fight was a bit of surprise.

I like Hache, but you're absolutely correct. Don't expect any flash. I heard some rumblings that he might be on his way out, which makes sense that teams would come calling. He's only 18, so Cape Breton gets extra value for that coming back. I think Quebec is a possible destination, with maybe Duncan MacIntyre and other moving pieces going both ways. The hitch in any deal is Choules....does he value wins over development at this point?

And speaking of trades, I expect Lavoie to be popular at Christmas. With so many good 20's in the league this year, he may be a cheaper upgrade for a few teams with limited flexibility. Teams like Quebec (upgrade over Shaw) or Montreal who has an open spot for an overager.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote