View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:14 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
LOL I love the people on here who are complimenting Reilly and then comparing him to Brian Campbell..that isn't a compliment. He has the potential to become a much much better overall player than Brian freakin Campbell.
I'm a Leafs fan, I've seen a decent number of Rielly's games (in the WHL, the Canada-Russia Challenge, and the Super Series), and I don't think Brian Campbell is a bad "mid point" comparison. Not his upside or his downside, but a "solid development" comparison. Like Campbell he's an elite skater, puck handler and puck mover, a guy with great vision who's very shifty with the puck. Also like Campbell, his one weakness offensively is a mediocre shot (not bad, but not a cannon). Rielly has a long way to go to reach Campbell's solid defensive play, but Rielly is just 18 years old, I'll bet when Campbell was 18 he was no better in his own end than Rielly is. I can certainly see Rielly becoming a better offensive player than Campbell, he's pretty amazing with the puck, but it's definitely not a bad comparison or any kind of insult. Campbell would be the #1 dman on plenty of teams, you shouldn't underrate him just because he was stuck behind the Keith/Seabrook pairing in Chicago. I personally like the "less physical Letang" comparison better, just in terms of the way both players put a TONNE of pressure on the opposition when they have the puck, but the Campbell comparison is solid too.