View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:17 PM
MessierII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered User View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Post-lockout = Thornton era + better offensive numbers league-wide (at least at first).

Scoring in the range of 75-85 points is still nothing to sneeze at, I realize that. This Sharks fan has no gripes about those stats (everything else though is a different story...see Roenick).

But I was wondering if Edmonton would be happy with a 75-85 peak for 5 years (following around 7 years of 45-55pts) or if he has a chance to put up HOF-level numbers. Basically, what's expected of Hall given his potential? Marleau can play wing or center and will probably get to 1000 pts but he's no HOFer.

As a forward, is he more Iginla/Hossa or Doan/Marleau? The answer to that question will help me better answer the OP's question.
To put it simply before his injury last year Hall was on pace for 35 goals and 71 points in his 2nd NHL season. He did this facing some the toughest competition in the NHL. Eberle and Nugent both up good numbers with the benefit of favorable line matchups and zone starts. This wasn't the case for Hall. He played the toughest minutes and still dominated.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote