Thread: Prospect Info: Leafs Morgan Rielly discussion.
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I personally have always liked Ray's hockey mind and respect it very much. So I always like listening to him on the radio and like reading his player reviews.

Now is the time where Burke's first draft picks can slowly start making an impact on a professional level, and we're starting to see some very serviceable players developing.

I am sure that Ross, Broll and Biggs will all be competent NHL'ers in some capacity due to their roles that they could play. All are "safe" picks in terms of being NHL'ers at some point.

Morgan Rielly wasn't exactly whom I was targeting at that 5th pick, but I will be the first to admit I didn't even pay attention to him in that slot because of his injury plagued draft season.

I think it is safe to assume that Morgan has all the potential to be a Top 2 defender on our team, or any team in this league.

He would be a nice compliment to slide along side Dion, or even someone like Finn if/when he develops.

A defensive core of Dion Phaneuf, Morgan Rielly and Jake Gardiner really is going to be the staple of this franchise. That is not even mentioning the potentials of Finn, Percy, Blacker, Holzer and others waiting in the wings.

I have always liked Burke, I have always been a Burke supporter!

Burke realizes what AA has done for this city, and he truly wants to make a similar move in terms of impact and hype when this season gets underway.

Could be interesting.
I've been saying it for a while and I am saying it again, we don't have shiny toys or prospects as many other organizations do but we are getting there. We have depth and respectable pieces in each corner and core, so when Burke is able to change that for our organizational need, like we did so with schenn and jvr swap, people will respect him. However with the records and marks that the team has had in the standings it will take him while to gain that for sure.

I think after the lockout will will definitely see moves and players who we think are untouchable for players that are about to breakout and can't handle a situation in another city. Aka Kadri or Grabovski, just throwing out names don't crucify me.