View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Here's what I see: Schultz, Eberle, RNH and Hartikainen have put up more than 50% of the teams points. Schultz has been in on 47% of the team's goals. I don't think we can rate Hall based on 5 games coming off surgery.

I doubt highly that any other team in the AHL is so top heavy in terms of scoring. Clearly these guys are pulling their weight. Beyond that there are a lot players not doing their share. And as BBO mentioned the PK is beyond awful right now. Roy and Danis are tired for 32nd in the league in SV%. The reasons for the lack of success of the Barons have little to do with the Oilers playing down there.
While our kids could be playing better (I'm not lumping Schultz into that group as his production speaks for itself) I agree that it's the secondary guys that simply aren't getting the job done. Some of that might be due to a lack of lines staying together for very long and some might be from the fact that unless Schultz or Marincin are moving the puck our breakouts stink. IMO you keep the Swedes and Harski together for a lengthy stretch as well as Arcobello and Pitlick. We need to start seeing some production from these guys (even Harski now that he isn't on the top line).