View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 04:40 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Which is why I'm guessing there is more to the story than just what's printed...I don't know the gun laws in that area but in Mass (relatively strict on guns) you have to be 500 feet from any dwelling. The departed was well beyond that...Jonathan must have done something he wasn't supposed to do...like shoot into the sky or high or not at something that had thick earth behind it
It's hard to tell what laws apply in this situation. The incident happened on a native reserve near Brantford On. Not in Brantford like the article linked above suggests. And the laws there are different than what they could be in the rest of Ontario yet in most cases Ontario laws should still apply. Jonathan apparently fired the shot from the roadway which is illegal in Ontario but not really a law enforced on native land. Also as a member of the 6 Nations tribe in Canada Jonathan is allowed to hunt in places most people aren't.

If anyone is wondering what my source is I'm actually from Brantford and much of this was in today's local paper.

cyris is online now   Reply With Quote