View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
So, I just got back from the rink. As I was headed to the ice, I met a friend of mine who's now working in the youth programs of our local DEL team. The team had made public an affiliation with the Anaheim Ducks back in the Brian Burke days, but it was never something really visible, and I didn't know whether it was still in effect. Anyway, knowing I'm a huge Ducks fan and know my 2 cents, he quickly introduced me to a co-worker and youth coach, who had been part of the staff at the Ducks' prospect camp this summer. We talked for a few moments about who he thought stood out there. I know, it's quite a bit outdated, but I thought I'd let you guys know, anyway. He generally felt the younger guys made more of an impression on him, like Lindholm, but most of all our camp-invite Ludvig Karlsson and especially Nic Kerdiles, who he was very high on. He told me he read on his facebook that he had some kind of issues, but didn't know any details and I got to clear that entire NCAA suspension mess up for him. Nothing groundbreaking, obviously, in the short talk headed for the ice, but it was definitely a nice surprise to find some connections to the Ducks this close by.