View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 03:46 PM
  #128
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
Either way you look at it then, the owners hold the high cards. It was their money that bought the team and the expences that go with it. The top 20% of the players(the elite) are the voices that are screwing it up for the other 80%. Owners can play games all day long. Players not so much.
Yah - I agree. I can see the argument the players are making that the NHL aren't compromising enough, and aren't being fair in their demands. Well - life isn't fair sometimes, and negotiating isn't always about compromise and striking a deal both sides are happy with. It's often about who has the most leverage, and in this case, the owners have the leverage.

It might suck to be a player, but it seems to be the reality, and it's not going to change anytime soon.

oil slick is offline