View Single Post
11-15-2012, 05:14 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
In principle, you're right, but why should we believe that in a league where there are 18 forwards, the Sedins would not be 1st liners? That's where this breaks down.
It's really about the odds, not the concrete individuals like Sedins. Even if they are 1st liner, they bump someone else down, Spezza or even Stamkos for example. In one case you have 18 players who are first liners. In other case you have 90 players. Odds that some of them might strike "lucky" so to speak are simply higher. That's all I'm saying.

Same goes for defenseman. There are several young and promising defenseman who have shined for 1-2 years in the last few years. Mainly because they come into league and they get pretty big minutes on some mediocre teams. Put them behind Lidstrom/Chara/Weber (which is pretty likely with 6 teams) and they play in a lot smaller role and as a result don't receive any Norris votes. I would even say that Erik Karlsson is not winning a Norris in 2012 if he plays for Boston. And I won't even bother to comment where would Pietrangelo, Yandle, Visnosky, Doughty finish in Norris voting.

lazerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote