View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
To be honest that is a fluff piece , not that it may not be true but nothing of substance is in that article.

Positive that there was no negatives of course , but very generic as to be expected. Happy he is in the AHL as opposed to the KHL , and it may be that the benefits are not readily visible in points scored.

I would want and would as a coach direct him to have more "finish" to his game , either by putting himself in much better scoring situations/locations and/or to do this for his linemates.

As an example , they have similar stature but Scott Kosmachuk plays a much more edgy game overall but it is really noticeable how he is much "hungrier and determined" he is to get himself in the best position to score himself or create premium chances for linemates. Burmistrov has better skating , hand skills ( though Kosmachuk has really sweet hands ) but that has not and is not transalating to production .... yet.
For sure, defiantly not anything scathing in the article.

But I also don't think either Jaffray, McCambridge, or Meech are saying anything they don't believe either.

For sure we are all hoping that his production goes up, but the quotes below are all pointing to his attitude being great, his work ethic and compete being consistent, and other teams keying on him. Just think those kinds of things are important to think about when discussing a 21 year old kid, who, if developed properly, would probably have been just been coming off his 1st AHL season after a huge season in junior and a couple of great World Junior performances previously. In that situation, we would all be eagerly awaiting the debut of our skilled prospect, and would probably have more patience than we currently do.

The question mark coming in was how would he react to the situation, but hes been really good. Hes adapted to it really well, said IceCaps captain Jason Jaffray. He had never seen or played in an AHL game before, but realized the AHL is not an easy league to play in. Hes come with the mindset that hes got to work hard to create opportunities and to score goals. Hes definitely an exciting guy to watch.

I like where his game is at, said IceCaps head coach Keith McCambridge. His energy and compete level is there every night. Alex puts a lot of pressure on himself to be that go-to guy, based on his resume. When I watch him play in all three zones, I like the way hes playing the game right now. You can see the intelligent reads that he makes on the ice. Hes generating lots of scoring chances.

Coaches are keying off Burmistrov, whether its on the power play or 5-on-5. We sat down and watched some tape together. It was evident that every time he gets the puck, there are two guys on him. He has to find the space on the ice and the last little while, hes done that.

Hes been great. Hes got a great attitude, said IceCaps defenceman Derek Meech. He comes to the rink and works hard. He cares a lot and hes an all-around great guy to have on your team.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote