View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 05:00 PM
HTT3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
No it does not. You're using exceptions to argue against the normalities.

The word ceiling/potential is of course greatley misused/interupted incorrectly on these boards. People always assume a player has more potential than he has, but prefix it with saying "But that is unlikely".

Projections are not meaningless. It is what scouting is based upon. Scouting isn't an exact science, and projections can be exceeded and vica versa. Of course this doesn't mean we should not project, or that some people have the ability to project abilities better than others.
Don't kill the messenger, I am only posting articles about this prospect and what one of the most intelligent hockey minds in the world had to say about this particular player. No need to get all mad and defensive about it.

Quote:
Of course the notion that projections and ceilings are meaningless is not only nonsense, but also inherently contradicts your premise/ideas in this thread. If projections are meaningless, why are you projecting this player, and why do you care that other people have lower perceptions of this player than you do?
Not my projections, sport. I posted the sources that predict his projections. It's not my fault you don't agree with them no matter how ignorant you may be about said player. Don't let facts get in your way.

Quote:
None of your "analysis" seems to be based on the actual player, or rather, you've formed an opinion based on some text created two years ago. You're also trying to project someones abilities/development arc based on another player and the development arc/perceptions they had. This is a pretty crude, basic and irrational way of looking at things.
Not my analysis, sport. I am the messenger. Hard for you, some random hockey internet poster with no credentials, to bet against Mr. Nill himself. But hey, go for it. Just don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

Quote:
Who knows how events pertaining to this event, and other drinking issues, will unfold, but there is a different in severity here. DUI should be looked upon as much more serious.
Right same as Chelios and Fedorov... Funny thing is Holland hired Chelios soon after his DUI.

Quote:
Your anaology fails on quite a few levels. But no need to delve into it. Of course, assuming Avery is the "hole", then how is Sheahan being a moron a good thing?
DUI is bad, real bad. I have some. But I don't go around trashing peoples houses, I dont call the local news station to tell people where my "sloppy seconds" are. I don't stand in front of the goalie and face him and waive my hands in his face...

Avery was shipped out because he has mental issues and character issues. Sheahan has a drinking problem that can be resolved. In Avery's case, there are no pills that can fix stupid.

Quote:
The situations will be different. Age, situation, personality, value etc will all vary. I am not saying Sheahan doesn't have a long future with the Wings, but using what happened to Fedorov years ago has no relevance on the ensuing events today.
Holland set the standards with Fedorov. Then while Chelios is playing in the AHL for Rockford (I think it was rockford) he gets popped with a DUI. Shortly after Holland hires him in the front office.

It's relevent no matter how deep you stick for fingers in your ears and scream "La, La, La, La, La" as loud as you can. Do you think Sheahan will be the first one shipped out of Hockeytown? Do you really believe that??????