View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Those Swedish lists aren't good.

No mention of Hakan Loob or kent Nilsson or Mats and Markus Naslund or Thomas Steen. Shame that Naslund's peak was in the dead puck era or he coulda had 2-3 100 pt seasons.

And American fans have forgotten Leclair and Amonte? At their peaks they were two of the best Americans to play the game, in fact Leclair was probably one of the best NHLers in the mid to late 90s, injury in 2000 sorta sent him downhill.

And you can't really count Mikita as Slovakia, that's like saying Bob Nystrom was Swedish. Maybe you can count Pavol Demitra instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerbullet View Post
I would say that Kharlamov has more supporters than Makarov.

Although I myself think that Makarov is pretty easily the best Soviet/Russian forward. Time will show, if Malkin or Ovechkin can take over.
Makarov's scoring in a high scoring NHL era isn't that impressive. Ovechkin/Malkin/Kovalchuk/Bure/Fedorov have already surpassed him imo. Of course you can say he's a great player because of what he did for CSKA or the national team but you have to use the NHL as the highest stage and he wasn't in his prime maybe when he entered but he wasn't that old either. The modern ones have simply done more at a level where it can be proven that they were up against the best at equal odds.

Last edited by Elever: 11-15-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Elever is offline   Reply With Quote