Old
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
There are two sides to communication, speaking and listening. If misinformation is presented regarding a dialogue, we need evidence of whether it was in the speaking or listening half. I am no fan of Fehr, but it is possible that Crosby didn't hear or didn't understand Fehr. Crosby does bear responsibility for either his lack of understanding or his unwillingness to verify that which was communicated to him. Historically, players have tended to not involve themselves in the PA until the CBA expiration rolls around. If you listen to quotes from players about electing reps, it is not uncommon for some player to agree to be a rep because no one else will and it is not uncommon for a team to be without a rep because someone stepped down or was traded and no one was willing to step up.

From all the history of quotes coming from players about representation, I doubt whether their are more than a half dozen who are consistently interested in what the PA is doing enough to investigate information that is told them.

If anything, I would hope that Fehr is inspiring them to get more involved in the organization that considerably effects all of their lives.

Excellent summary. The structure is there to disseminate information and to have a designated contact for getting additional information if needed. As has been stated numerous times, any player can go to any negotiating session at the PA's expense! All he has to do is he wants to sit in the room for himself is ask for the ticket to be sent. (I have wondered how they'd accommodate a couple hundred guys in the room if ever that many were interested.)

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote