View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 05:50 PM
TheMadHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Just saying, a Rielly - Pulock pairing would look fantastic.
I've been saying this for a while now. In theory it seems like an awesome combo. In theory though.

It was just one game, so too small a sample size to come to any conclusions but Rielly and Pulock were paired together the entire game against the Russians in yesterdays Super Series game. While Rielly looked like the best player on the ice, Pulock looked tentative and out of place, perhaps because he's used to performing Rielly's role on his own team (i.e. carrying the puck up and creating offence). He had quite a few giveaways in his own zone, especially behind the net, and was invisible for the most part except when he was releasing his wicked shot from the point (and it is an exceptional shot).

Rielly and Pulock's chemistry was not great in this one game, but I hope they get another chance at it in the next one. They looked good when Rielly was feeding Pulock for one-timers from the point, but I think Rielly dominates the puck so much that Pulock did not really have the opportunity to showcase his skills.

Rielly is probably better off being paired up with a very good defensive defenceman who happens to have a wicked shot from the point, but doesn't need the puck to be effective.