Thread: Prospect Info: Leafs Morgan Rielly discussion.
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 05:59 PM
BlueMapleDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Sens fan here,

You guys have a stud.

Just get ready to defend Rielly about being a 4th forward, being weak defensively because he is so good offensively, etc... You know, stuff we Sens fans hear all the time about Karlsson.

The other teams will have to respect his speed and moves which will give time to make better passes.

He will make your team so much better. In a couple years your goal against will drop a good 20 goals per year just because Rielly will get the puck out the zone quickly and safely by skating it himself or by making a tape to tape break out pass. Your goal for will go up as well a good 20.

Those 40 goals won't all show in Rielly's plus minus stats but you guys will know he was responsible for them.

Sure he will make mistakes, sure he will lose coverage but give him 3, 4 years before starting to micro observing all his misplays.
Yeah I'm usually the type to go around saying those things. I know better, it's just easy to get under people's skin like that. Karlsson is unreal. I do however think Weber should have won the Norris instead. And of the two plus Doughty I'd take Doughty to build a team around, but that's about it. Karlsson is a top 5 dman in the league and he's only going to improve.

You're spot on about the GF and GA. And it might not show on his statline but the team will win more. That's what ultimately matters.

I'm so excited for Rielly. I had a mini panic attack when he went into the boards awkwardly. Good thing he was fine.

I think he'll follow a similar path even though they're not quite the same type of player.