View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Yeah I think Stoneman outlines a fairly accurate picture of where the Eskimos are at.

Thinking on timeline for a bit, CFL free agency starts in early Feb does it not?

That means whoever you have as GM, you have to install pretty quickly after the season has ended (I doubt we'll try take anything away from the Grey cup).

Grey cup is scheduled for November 25th. So assuming we do a (hopefully) competent search for a GM, I guessing we hire on around early Dec?

Gives the new GM 2(ish) months to (hopefully) fire Reed, conduct a extensive HC search and hire a HC with new staff, resign the 13 or so starters we have up for free agency if we plan to keep them and make any changes needed to the management side of the ball (new head scout for example if Hervey is hired).

I'm really warming up to Hervey as GM btw. Just read he stepped in and got Chambers signed when contract talks stalled. So it's not like he has no experience in the management side of things. I'd hope that we got someone to be a senior advisor of some sort for him though.