View Single Post
11-15-2012, 06:27 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Is it that Murray is underrated or is it that he is being overshadowed because he is not as flashy as other defensemen from the draft? I don't think I have heard anyone say that Murray will not be a good defenseman, but the excitement is understandably with the more flashy players (as is most often the case in sports). It will be several seasons at least before we will actually be able to start truely arguing who the best defenseman from this draft will be. It could very well be that neither Morgan nor Murray is the best of this bunch.
Good point I think. Rielly is really fun to watch, and has been drafted by the team with the largest fanbase in the league, so of course he's going to get a tonne of attention. On the other hand, Murray has been drafted by Columbus, a team that draws minimal media interest, and his style of play, while effective, isn't particularly exciting. Pretty clear that he won't be getting a tonne of attention. That doesn't mean the majority opinion is that Rielly is a better prospect than Murray, it just means people are talking about Rielly more.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote