View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 08:56 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Want to respond to something here real quick...

Carpenter was 1 of 3 vs. Arizona and that miss was in the third quarter, well before OT was a factor. So I call that a non-factor. Miami could have overcome that.

A case can be made for the Jets that he cost the Dolphins the game, missing two of his FGs in the second half -- one in the fourth quarter and one in OT.

Carpenter is 13 of 17 on the season entering the Buffalo game tonight. I've described three of his misses. The fourth was in a win against Cincinnati.

If you say Carpenter was responsible for the Jets loss, the Dolphins are 5-4, not 4-5, and still trail New England in the AFC East by one game. As it is, the Dolphins are two games out and still play the Patriots twice, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

But as for Carpenter, to say he is keeping you from the AFC East lead right now? Have to disagree. Many other factors at play.
You obviously haven't watched the Dolphins games. Dolphins should have beat the Cardinals, they just didn't close the game out, but without a missed field goal, we don't go to OT against he Cardinals and we win that game. We should have beat the Jets. The Texans was the only reasonable loss we have had so far, along with the Titans last week.

I expect a field goal kicker to make their kicks, that's why they get paid. If we had a kicker that made more than 75% of his field goals, this would be a moot point.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote