View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Duke33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
How can you make a comment like this and keep a straight face? The roster is being completely rebuilt. Simple as that. Look back on one of my previous posts showing Uncle Vinnys draft history in rounds 2-4 from 2002 to 2009. It takes more than 3 off seasons to make up for that bull****.

It also takes 2-3 years for draft picks to develop into NFL talent, if they ever do, so to say Shanahans draft pics to this point are mediocre is extremely short sighted.

I can understand fans getting impatient during a rebuild, but get a grip already. No one picked this team to have a winning record, never mind a playoff run. This is a time for player development. And right now the kids are struggling.

Maybe the team can get on a roll like the Caps did when BB took over, but not likely. In the mean time step off the ledge and understand what you are watching. A very young and inexperienced team with a lot of injuries trying to find its way.
I can very easily make the comments with a straight face. Sure the roster is being "completely" rebuilt, although every time Shanahan hears the "R" word he goes into one of his grumpy snits.

Yes, his draft picks have been mediocre...at best, other than Griffin who they sold the farm for. As usual, you're elevating the players he's picked far higher than they deserve. And just as importantly, his free agent signings have been poor.

Player development, yep just like Shanahan says. Like one of the Post writers said two weeks ago, what is the team doing in training camp? How many more players are going to be cut/dumped/traded, etc. As usual, with the Redskins, the wheel of rebuilding continues to slowly go around and around. It's always 2-3 years for this franchise. Always. No matter who's coaching. Never mind the fact other franchises have proved repeatedly that you can turn things around quickly, and without massive changes to personnel. Sometimes it just takes a competent coach.

No, I highly doubt they'll get on a roll. Despite your excuses, the lack of preparation and discipline (are they still worst in the league in penalties?) is more and more relevant each week. To the point where it's even pointless to watch Griffin play because it seems like it's only a matter of time before he gets maimed. Maybe the genius Shanahan can call a few more boneheaded plays like in Pittsburgh when he had him out as a receiver. I mean he doesn't get drilled enough already right?

Given how the Eagles seem to be even more of a train wreck than the Redskins right now, hopefully the team and their fearless leader will be able to make it a game this weekend. But given they are coming off a thrashing by the all-powerful Panthers, who knows what they'll do...