View Single Post
11-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Gutchecktime View Post
I really feel that people are making mountains out of molehills here with the play by play guy's comments. They spent quite a bit of time talking about Murray before the game and comparing him to Scott Neidermayer, then the play by play compliments Rielly only twice before people start to complain in the GDT.

I truly don't feel that people get as up in arms about any other teams' prospects getting attention as much as they do if it's Toronto.
Some of the Toronto fans might have something to do with that. We weren't even through the off-season before some fans were saying Rielly had shown himself to be the best defenseman in the draft. When talking about making mountains out of molehills, that seems to be exactly what some of the Rielly fans are doing too, taking a good performance and taking it to further levels. You surely can't be surprised that this rubs people the wrong way at times.

To put it in a different way, Anaheim fans have been thrilled with what Lindholm has shown. We're very excited about him as a prospect, and we think that he's done a lot to justify the faith Anaheim's scouts had in him. But we haven't exactly started claiming he's the best defenseman in the draft, or making some of the outlandish comments I've seen in regards to Rielly. I think it's the sensationalism of some of the comments that are questionable. Not just saying Rielly is a great prospect, but basically saying he's better than everyone else.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote