View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I'm not saying the Dolphins aren't a bad team, but if Carpenter makes those kicks, we aren't talking about trying to get back to .500 now, we are talking about how they are leading the AFC East.
But you can't expect a FG kicker to be perfect, either. There has been very few perfect kicker regular seasons. I can only think of one off the top of my head in my lifetime, and that is Gary Anderson of the Vikings in the late 1990s. (And even then, he missed a FG in the NFCCG vs. Atlanta that ended up costing them a Super Bowl berth.)

Carpenter has done his job, really. The Jets game? Yeah, that sucks. But it happens. To blame Carpenter for the fact Miami isn't leading the AFC East? There are other issues. I can point to the fact that in OT against Arizona, Tannehill threw a midfield pick that helped set up the GWFG. Is that Carpenter's fault that after he missed a FG in the third quarter his team allowed Arizona to tie it on a TD to make it 21-21 and then Tannehill threw the pick in OT?

If Carpenter doesn't blow the Jets game, you're over .500, I give you that, but again, it's more than Carpenter that is holding Miami back.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote