View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Ari91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Series of Daly quotes on league initiated hiatus: "We have made repeated moves in the Players' direction with absolutely no reciprocation."

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Daly: "unfortunately, we have determined we are involved with Union leadership that has no genuine interest in reaching an agreement."

This will help.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but if I'm not mistaken, this is the first time an actual shot has been taken at Fehr and the PA committee that's come straight from the horse's mouth and not from some 'NHL sources'. Why didn't the league make comments like this much earlier? I've always been pessimistic about this process and about having any season at all but it's possible that these direct comments are gloves off for the league. Maybe they've already decided that if need be, a season will be lost and they're now drawing the line in the sand. It seems like they're saying that they see Fehr's strategy and they've had about enough playing games. Again, I've been pessimistic about the whole thing and while I don't necessarily think his comments will prevent negotiations in the near future or even a deal happening (though I think unlikely), I do think these comments serve to add to the recent actions by the league to say that we're not making any first moves any more.