View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 08:40 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

vCash: 500
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2012...medium=twitter
Quote:
Richard Panik’s turnovers stared him in the face wherever he went last year.

At work with the Norfolk Admirals, head coach Jon Cooper reviewed game video that turned into a horror show for the rookie winger as his frequent misplays were dissected.

“Last year, it was like crazy. We had so many meetings about it,” Panik recalled. “Every time he’d show one of my turnovers, it was pretty bad.”

At home, Panik came up with the idea to establish a turnover jar, dropping in a dollar every time he made a miscue.

“It was a lot (of money),” Panik said. “I had to fill it up full.”
Quote:
Cooper said while last year Panik might put up one good game for every four head-scratchers, this season that ratio is probably reversed. When asked what the 6-foot-1, 208-pound Panik does best, Cooper paused and decided he couldn’t respond.

The reason is because he’s now doing everything at a high level, perhaps to a greater degree than anyone else on the team.

“He’s your prototypical NHL player. You look at the tool box, he’s got all the tools.” said Syracuse general manager Julien BriseBois.

“He is a rare talent of size, speed and skill. He’s got it all. You can’t say that about any other player on our team,” Cooper said. “Other guys, you could point something out (as a strength). That’s what disappointing when he’s played poor. You know how much is inside the kid.”
Quote:
“He could be the most confident guy on our team in his abilities,” Cooper said. “He can do things most guys can’t, and he will try them in big moments. Sometimes to the point where you want to pull your hair out, and I don’t have enough left to pull out.”