View Single Post
Old
11-15-2012, 10:23 PM
s7ark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
@DarrenDreger: Series of Daly quotes on league initiated hiatus: "We have made repeated moves in the Players' direction with absolutely no reciprocation."

@DarrenDreger: Daly: "unfortunately, we have determined we are involved with Union leadership that has no genuine interest in reaching an agreement."

@DarrenDreger: Daly: "Regardless of what we propose or how we suggest to compromise the answer is "no," At some pt you have to say "enough is enough".

@reporterchris: Had the NHL started Dec. 1, it would most likely have been with a 68-game season. So we're probably looking at less than that now.

Well that sucks so it looks like there s no way a deal is done by dec 1 so if this season is not cancelled and a deal gets done at some point we are looking at ~50game season i think obviously depending on when a deal gets done
This 2 week break thing is stupid, i get the pa' is being hard to deal with and nobody likes them right now but that doesnt mean you take a pointless 2 week break the league and pa' should be continueing to negotiate it sounds like the league just got tired of dealing with the pa' so they decided a break would somehow help the process
Daly says regardless of what we propose the answer is no well the answer is supposed to be no thats where the negotiating and bargaining part comes in
I've been very pissed with the pa' lately but this move by the league really doesnt make them look any better
The PA's response

Quote:
Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec

Steve Fehr: “Of course everyone on the players' side wants to reach an agreement. The players have offered the owners concessions worth....
Quote:

... a billion dollars. What exactly have the owners offered the players? We believe that it is more likely that we will make progress..."
Quote:

“... if we meet than if we don't. So we are ready to meet. If indeed they do not want to meet, it will be at least the third time..."
Quote:

“... in the last three months that they have shut down the dialogue, saying they will not meet unless the players meet their preconditions."
Quote:

"What does that tell you about their interest in resolving this?” _ S.Fehr
Now that they're again arguing through the media, I think we can just about stick a fork in this season.