View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:55 AM
BudMovin*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Wow. First off, terrible way of getting accurate percentages. Just terrible. Learn math.

Second, NHL hockey players are not your average males. The general population averages do not apply in the world of hockey.

Third, correlation does not mean causation. Just because there are less defenceman of a certain height in the NHL, it doesn't automatically mean that is because it is harder at that height.

Fourth, you have no idea the other factors that enter into the discussion with shorter people. I assume shorter people have more trouble mainly because of strength, but that is not a problem for Rielly.

Fifth, Rielly is listed as 6'1 in a few places, and he still has time to grow.
What is wrong with the math? So I did a little rounding and used feet and inches instead of just inches. You said height didn't factor into chances of making it into the NHL. I merely provided statistics to show you that it does play a bigger role than you think. If it didn't most of the D would be under 6 feet tall, since most of the population is. It is not strength, it's the reach that makes height so important. Tyler Myers is the second tallest guy in the league but I bet his 5-5 teammate Gerbe crushes him in the weight room and also would win a corner battle. Also, I said Reilly will be a stud and the height will not hinder him too much. Yes people grow after they turn 18. I went from 5-7 to 6 feet in college (probably a statistical outlier).