View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:56 AM
caley

vCash: 500
I had a fun time watching this, because as an Oiler fan, I was kinda rooting for Russia (As the series is basically meaningless anyways) and it was a different experience seeing it from their viewpoint (I can kinda understand why other countries get ticked off with Canadian media and fans now. lol ).

I think the best thing in the entire tournament, besides the video judge cursing on TV, was when they had the terrible soundsystem in Val-d'Or and the Russian anthem sounded like it was being beamed in from 1983 and they showed the one Russian player laughing while the anthem played, I assume, because it sounded so bad.

Players who really opened my eyes in this were: Hunter Shinkaruk (As good offensively as advertised, but also a willingness to go to high traffic areas and hit); Andrey Makarov (He basically kept Russia in the first WHL game and looked like probably the best goalie in the entire series); Eric Comrie (Came in at a tough time and stood tall, tracked pucks well, and projected some confidence out there); Yaroslav Kosov (Continued his good play from the summer, with a nice mix of surprising speed and size); Artem Sergeev (Who picked up the mantle from Yakupov and looked like the most dangerous offensive player in the tournament) and Nail Yakupov (Because I'm an Oiler fan ).

caley is offline   Reply With Quote