View Single Post
11-16-2012, 12:12 AM
vCash: 500
All valid points St. Patrick.

Admittedly I grow tired of trap hockey, but I became a hockey fan right before the first lockout so seeing teams sit on leads is something I'm accustomed to.

I've never really heard anyone put it like this, but the game from yesteryear (even the 80's) till now, is just more serious. That may be relative (surely it is right?), but it seems like from children to professionals, the game is taught and performed, not necessarily "played" as much as it once was. The NHL, after all, is a business, and with the near limitless global talent constantly vying for under 1000 positions, it was bound to happen. I hope that doesn't sound like a diminishing statement about other leagues, but the NHL is the highest paid, most sought after league in the world. Players go and have gone to EXTREME lengths to get "here".

I will always love the game, whatever form it takes. It may have had a hey day many times over to many different people, but I constantly watch because I feel like every "next season" will be the best I've yet seen. I've rarely been disappointed.

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote