View Single Post
11-16-2012, 02:32 AM
vCash: 500
So I was at game 6 of the WHL v Russia super series tonight, and let me just say this guy played like an absolute beast.

He was all over the ice, defensively responsible, constantly attacking the net, slippery in traffic, willing to drive to high traffic areas, lighting up the WHL D with tricky little passes that were so damn effective, demonstrating poise and patience, hard to contain along the walls, explosive in the open ice, quick release.

I saw a glimpse of this guys potential, and wow, was it ever special. He was excellent skating mechanics, a silky smooth stride, and he's built like an athlete with long legs and strong physique.

He's got this unique ability when he accelerates, he sort of stutter steps between strides every 3rd or 4th time, and he generates a strong burst using this technique. I've seen Kuznetsov use this technique as well, thought Nichushkin is more effective with it.

It may have been the fact he's been playing against men for awhile, but wow, I saw a guy with the potential to achieve the same level as a player like Malkin tonight.