View Single Post
11-16-2012, 01:35 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
interesting point in the MHL: players drafted by other teams are playing for MHL clubs affiliated with KHL teams that haven't drafted them. Now I know it's not prohibited, once the team that drafted them didn't extend them an offer, but I am confused, why is this done, if they can't play for the club in the KHL, unless traded for. Why would you raise a trade value of a player for another KHL club though? If you ask me, I think this should be prohibited. (Examples from Red Army: Zykov (CSKA (and Tyumen) product, drafted by magnitka playing for RA, kramskoy (CSKA product), drafted by Severstal, playing for RA
What Zykov guy are you speaking about? I know only about Valentin,born 1995, now playing CHL. Maybe I missed something.

Players need to play as much as possible. If club that drafted them is not interested in them now, so why not play for another MHL team? They are still 17-18 y old, still have time to play senior hockey. Look at G Ustinsky, Tyumen product, drafted by Magnitka in 2011, played MHL for Tyumen in 2011/12, now playing for Magnitka. You know, Steel Foxed did not have vacant G spot for him last season, so it was better to develop at home in Tyumen. Maybe this is reason - not to leave your home city at early age. Especially if you can play the same league here - MHL. Another story is with guys from Rus Moscow etc which does not have MHL team.