View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Andy Dufresne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
I haven't been able to watch him play but is there a reason Josh Morrissey is that low? Last I heard he was having a great season and was moving up on scouts lists. Then again I haven't checked back on him in a while so things could have changed.
I've gotta think it's 2 things: The depth of really high end guys in this draft and the fact that he can be an adventure in his own end at times (from the games i've seen anyway).

Might just be me, but both Morissey and Theodore can be pretty easily compared to Pouliot. None are exactly defensive stalwarts, none have great size or toughness, and thats about it for their weaknesses. Pouliot is probably the best passer among them, but Morrisey is close and Theodore is strong passer as well. Morrisey is tougher/grittier than the other 2. Theodore is the more electric, finish an incredible rush with a goal type of player than the other 2.

I know i'd be blown away happy if the Canucks got Morrisey or Theodore with a pick in the 20's. If both of those guys go late first after Pouliot went top 10 the year before, i think that would be an indication of just how strong this draft year is.

Andy Dufresne is online now   Reply With Quote