View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 05:04 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
As a Flyers fan the first thing I would do is hopefully buy out Bryz. Need an amnesty clause for that, but it has been discussed.

I would try to sign Nick Backstrom then. Have always liked him. Maybe could give him a 3 year deal worth 14 million? In that ball park.

Then go after one of Perry or Jerome Iginla. Perry would be better with age, but wouldn't mind either of them.

This all depends on what the salary cap looks like, but Homer had pulled crazy **** off before, but always has pulled off some head scratchers too.
Buying out Bryz has been discussed by whom. Is this speculation that the Flyer's brass would consider this or is this what fans are talking about. Because to buy him out right now you are pretty much setting fire to over $20M. That is the kind of mistake that people get fired for.

From an Oiler's perspective, Clowe and Edler would be my choice for the top targets that I believe they could have a shot at. Regher would also be of significant interest but not if his contract demands were too high.

Zajac would probably be my top choice, but I'd be surprised if he leaves NJ.

Last edited by Fourier: 11-16-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote