View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Sureves

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Um, I didn't say height was the deciding factor. I merely refuted a claim that height doesn't matter for an NHL defensemen. It must be of some importance if 74% of NHL defensemen come from a group that represents 16% of the male population. Height is a good tiebreaker when the ability/skill is the same. If you are more normal in size, you have to be more exceptional in ability/skill to separate yourself from the pack. Hall Gill is a terrible skater with stone hands and mediocre at best vision, but he is really tall. Had a nice long career with the skills he had to work with. Can you name any short defenders with his skillset that had any sort of longevity?

Care to use any facts/stats that Whydidijoin used that back-up that height doesn't matter?

And just for the record (again). I don't think Reilly's height will effect him at all. When your skating is that good, it makes up for any of the length/reach that a lankier skater has.
And that's all I was trying to say as well . All else being equal, being taller increases your odds of being an NHL defenseman.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote