View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Don't like this one. Maybe works for Derrick Pouliot, but Rielly doesn't have MAB's shot and is much more defensively sound and physical
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
I would be ok with the MAB offense but distressed if he got the MAB defense. But I don't know how to interpret someone being 'more skilled' at defence when an analogy is made to a defensively deficient defensemen. By being more skilled at defence Rielly would turn into a different player than MAB, thereby killing the comparison.
It was meant as a sarcasm.

Seriously though, I can't believe some fellow Leafs fans are even arguing the Campbell comparison, if Rielly becomes anything close to Campbell, I will be more than satisfied.

Campbell is a legit top-pairing d-man on nearly every team in the league, and would be #1 D on couple of teams as well. To have Rielly achieve that status would be great for us. Not every top-picks in the last 10 years have shown the capability of being #1 d-man.

That being said, I really beleive Rielly has everything takes to become a #1 d-man. His strong work-ethic combine with his talent and smarts will make him a special player.

Also, for comparison, I see a lot of Duncan Keith in him.