View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
LeBrun says it's a question of "who blinks first":

Quote:
NHLPA executive director Don Fehr has done a "masterful" job so far of managing this lockout, one NHL governor told ESPN.com Wednesday. Fehr is getting the league to move on key issues such as revenue sharing and is keeping his players on board through it all. Heís also frustrated with the league to no end. But Fehrís grade is far from complete. His most important test is coming. Unless Iím completely misreading the tea leaves, I canít think of very many NHL players who are willing to sacrifice an entire season of hockey just so they can make a point to commissioner Gary Bettman. Iím not saying I would sign the leagueís latest, updated proposal from last week, but if Iím an NHL player, I demand that Fehr cut his losses over the next 2-3 weeks and try to make the best deal possible from whatís left on the table.

As one NHL team executive said Wednesday, "The reality is, neither side is really going to like this deal no matter where it ends up. But to wait until next season to get a deal done helps absolutely no one."

And hereís where the read on Fehr gets widely different takes. On the one hand, there are people who believe Fehr has always shown an ability to feel the pulse of his membership, and if itís a deal they want, heíll deliver one when the time is right. But there are others who doubt his true intentions.

"I think he wants to rewrite labor negotiations; the game is not his priority," said one NHL team executive.

A sentiment, by the way, that the players donít buy whatsoever. Those Iíve spoken with all believe Fehr's intentions are to make a deal.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...l-be-permanent