View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 09:34 AM
s1g

vCash: 500
We're on the verge of losing more games, so the obvious thing to do would be to take a 2 week break on negotiations right?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...c-about-season

Quote:
With another chunk of the NHL schedule in danger of being cancelled, about the only thing the league and NHL Players’ Association are talking about is taking a break.

Gary Bettman contacted Donald Fehr on Wednesday and suggested the sides place a two-week moratorium on negotiations, two sources confirmed to The Canadian Press on Thursday night.

A response has yet to be given. Fehr, the NHLPA’s executive director, told the NHL commissioner he wanted to take the offer to his membership before providing an answer.

The requested break comes after talks fell silent following six consecutive days of meetings between the sides last week in New York. It was clear by the end of that run that pessimism and some bad feelings had made their way into the proceedings.

The league is close to making another round of game cancellations, prompting some to suggest the season was in danger. Asked about that possibility on Thursday morning, deputy commissioner Bill Daly replied: “I hope not.”

“But I’m more discouraged now than I have been at any point in the process,” Daly added.
I've got a better idea. How about you lock yourselves in a room, and no one comes out until a deal is hammered out? Geez, you'd think they'd at least bring in a mediator to get the ball rolling again.