View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoSB View Post
In Europe there are at least 7 professional leagues (SM liiga, Eliteserien, NLA, EBEL, Extraliga, DEL, [KHL], Slovakian league). Make it a bit smaller, you don't need endless qualifiers and a main round with 32 teams. Make it like 16 teams and only one qualifying round.

Ofcourse, I won't lie to myself, Chicago didn't play their best hockey but still they are a team that should beat ZSC even in second gear. Metallurg had a motivation, there was a prizemony of 1,6 Mio Dollars, but they lost anyway.
I am pretty sure that both tournaments involved the winning team and the winning players prize money.

I am watching highlights now of the Chicago game and I watched the NY Ranger game live. There was not one instant that I thought the Rangers or Chicago was Half *** on in the game. They played hockey the way they knew how to play. There was hard fought goals, celebrations from both sides after each goal as though they scored a playoff goal, there were penalties and hits and it was a game for a trophy and prize money.

They played to win, both teams and only one NHL team came out on top. The other lost, but managed to win the Stanley Cup later that year.

The best champions league to start off with would be a 16 team league. 4 NHL teams. 4 KHL teams. 4 Groups with one NHL team in each. Each group plays each other member of the group once... top two teams come out on top and go to bracket.

One game winner. Makes it exciting and allows for more upsets.

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote