View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
I would have taken about 6 d-men, including reinhart before lindholm in the draft and not one has dont anything to change that.
murray still best d-man from last years class, reinhart right behind him at 2.
Well, that would lead to the question how much of a basis you head for putting him at 7th d-man to be picked to begin with. Not that the vast majority had any more, with Lindholm playing Swedish juniors and then Allsvenskan, he could not possibly have gotten the same attention the others did. That includes most analysts, and that's why NHL clubs pay their scouting staff a lot to keep track of players that stay somewhat under the radar of the general public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Potential and game-breaking ability. I don't think Lindholm has the game-breaking ability as the other 5 d-man nor do I see his ceiling right on par with them. Regardless he won't be much far apart from them. He plays a safe game, is very good defensively and underrated offensively but he doesn't any game breaking ability. Just safe and solid two-way play.
Personally, I think "game-breaking" ability is something very different for a defenseman than for a forward. The biggest way a defenseman can break a game is to help out offensively and shut down the opposing offensive game-breakers. Lindholm supposedly plays a lot like Lidstrom, stylistically speaking, and his strengths are similarly balanced. I'd be a fool to say he's likely to get to such levels, but I also have a hard time considering his ceiling lower than anyone else's as an all-round defenseman.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote