View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
I don't call it a sport either. But there is nothing wrong with hunting IMO. If you kill a deer and use it to feed your family, it is just like that ground beef you ate the other day - an animal was killed to make that, and it was prepared for you to eat.

At least here in Canada (I assume the US is very similar), you are taught and trained before you can hunt how to humanely kill game - where to shoot, when to shoot, and what calibre of weapon you should use to effectively and humanely kill it.

There is also no shame in enjoying the hunt itself. We have always been predators by nature, so there is a certain satisfaction that comes with hunting and killing your own meal. As long as the rules are followed and the hunter is being responsible, there is nothing wrong with hunting.
Exactly. I've never hunted in my life, but that's simply because I'm a wuss about going deep into the trees for any reason -- ironic, considering I live in Maine, but there ya go. I would never deny someone else the right to go do that if that's what they wanted to do.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote