View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 10:06 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Brust and Taylor carry next to no value if signed to an NHL contract. It is quite obvious that the success they are enjoying is a product of the system and dedication from each and every player (and coach) in Abbotsford.

They have proven nothing of significance at the NHL level, and as a result would not be pursued heavily from any organization. You have to remember that these players have both been journeymen AHL players for years now (26/29 years old..).
I might disagree with you. While I don't think they have much value, it is possible a team might offer a late round pick for 1. Even a late round pick is better than just losing a player for nothing. I think Taylor, at only 26 has shown enough over the past year that he is ready to be a number 1 at this level, and has earned a shot at the next level. There must be a team out there willing to give him that shot.
I think we have to give some credit to the talent both Brust and Taylor have. Yes, they are playing in a good system, but it's not like they are scrubs. All 3 of our goalies should be #1's at the AHL level, and have shown that before arriving in Abbotsford.
I just don't understand why Brust was signed. I'm loving how good they are all doing, but was it really in the best intrest of developing Irving & Taylor? Having 3 goalies split time cannot be good for their development. Anyway you look at it, the crease is crowded.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote