Old
11-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
Does Happ have options?
Yup. It gives Jays flexibility to either sign a established starter and have him start out in the minors or he can move to the pen. Or just keep him as the #5 and get a young starter that has options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I agree, for the most part, BUT he's a guy with a great arm and lets face it, we're talking about a number 5 option. Number 5 starters aren't exactly the model of consistency nor do you need them to be. If he can even lower the walks just a bit, he'd be a hell of a great number 5. It's very unlikely as his mechanics are indeed a mess but nonetheless, the point remains that we are talking about a fifth starter. If the guy can give you 6 innings at 3 runs or less you take that every single time as the fifth man. I still think Happ would produce the same.
Well, Liriano is either a guy that produces an ERA in the 5's or gets in the 3's but sure, I see your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Same with Buehrle?
Not necessary. Buehrle used to pitch in that bandbox of a park with the White Sox and did well for many years. Also a guy that usually outperforms his peripherals too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
http://bastian.mlblogs.com/2012/11/15/2124600/

Choo is available and would be a great target for our LF position. The Korean is truly one of the more underrated players in the game and will fill a huge hole in LF.

I think a deal is doable without including D'Arnaud. Cleveland might have interest in Anthony Gose and that's okay as Rasmus is totally fine in CF for us.

Choo - Rasmus - Bautista solidify the OF for us.

Reyes SS
Lawrie 3B
Bautista RF
Encarnacion DH
Choo LF
Rasmus CF
Adam Lind 1B
Arencibia C
Emilio Bonafacio 2B

That's a deadly lineup.
No thanks. Jays don't really need a Choo nor will they be giving up big assets to get him. He is a FA after next season and a Boras client -- a sure bet to be gone.

Jays don't need another big bat. Their offense is fine... if they could get an above average LF with a LH bat, I think that's good enough.